We are fortunate enough to have a cleaning company come in every couple of weeks and keep Casa de Hawg from getting filthy.
Why? Because the house needs to be cleaned and I'm not going to do it. My wife works as hard as I do and she doesn't want to clean house, either. The kids? It would be less effort to clean it ourselves than fight with them until they did what needed to be done.
So, a cleaning service is a great investment. Now, they were scheduled to show up the day after Thanksgiving, but that's not a good plan for obvious reasons -- most people prefer not to work on that day, and who can blame them?
The cleaning service folks, then, showed up on Saturday. It was a different team than the one that usually comes by and the husband in that team went nuts over our dog, Bella. She's a dachshund/black Labrador retriever. That's her at the top of this post doing what she does best -- catching some rest after chasing cats through the house.
We all know that people have been going crazy over the past few years by creating mutts and selling them as desirable breeds. One of those "designer mutts" ("hybrid breed" seems to be the preferred term) is called a dachsador -- go ahead and look at some great photos of the "breed" by clicking right here. It seems the breed is sometimes referred to as doxador. So cute. I think I'm going to be ill.
The fellow who liked Bella so well told us he's been looking for a dog like her, but hasn't been able to find one around here for less than $500. He didn't even care that she only has three good legs due to a birth defect.
Folks, this whole thing is nuts to me. Bella is a great dog, to be sure, but she's a mutt. We got her from the pound for $50 because she's a sweet dog who needed a home. When did people start breeding mutts and selling them for a lot of money?
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Bottled water sounded like an insane idea, too, but people loved it.
I guess I need to get with the times and breed my registered rat terrier, Cobb, to something and develop a hybrid breed of my own. Here are a few ideas:
1. A rat terrier plus a beagle = a Reagle (or, a "Brat" as FeeFiFoto observed)
2. A rat terrier plus a Scottish terrier = a Scottish Rat
3. A rat terrier plus a Labrador retriever = a Rat Retriever or a Labrator Retriever (just call it a Lab Rat for short)
4. A rat terrier plus a great Dane = a Great Rat
5. A rat terrier plus a catahoula = a Ratahoula
6. A rat terrier plus a blue tick hound = a Blue Tick Rat or a Blue Rat Hound
7. A rat terrier plus a boxer = a Box Rat (that one is from my seven-year-old daughter!)
8. A rat terrier plus a Saint Bernard = a Saint Rat
9. A rat terrier plus a rottweiler = a Rattweiler (that one was obvious, yeah?)
10. A rat terrier plus a poodle = a Rattle (or, as Soge Shirts has suggested, a Rat Poo)
11. A rat terrier plus a dachshund = a Drat (another suggestion from the glib FeeFiFoto!)
12. A rat terrier plus a Shih-Tzu = a Rat-Shiht (thanks, HebsFarm!)
13. A rat terrier and any mutt = a Rat Bastard (thanks, again, to HebsFarm)
Wish me luck!