Monday, December 22, 2008

Blogging during the Christmas season is hard


I've just about decided I should have simply kept away from my blog during December and picked things up in January.

Why? I've been fulfilling familial obligations all month long and have neglected my blog to such an extent that I'm doing things like, well, posting a picture of a dog sleeping under a blanket and resting his head on a pillow. Who the hell, other than me, really cares about that kind of nonsense?

Sadly, that's about all I've had time for lately. Frankly, I like the photo because we've got a 140-pound Saint Boxer (Saint Bernard/Boxer) under a blanket because my 12-year-old son thought he might appreciate it (it turns out that Winston the Dog does appreciate the blanket -- probably because it's about 20 degrees outside and that's unusual here in Arkansas).

Apparently, I don't even have time to set the date stamp on my digital camera. Pitiful.

If there's a point here at all, I suppose it's that December is a horrible month for blogging. However, I'll be back up to speed as soon as the holidays have ended.

And merry Christmas to all!

5 comments:

Krissi said...

Tell Winston to move over.... this cold weather is for the birds!! December or not I say send this crappy weather back up north where it belongs and leave us be! Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season and can't wait till your back up and running come January!!

The Florida Furkids said...

A dog sleeping? You should see our blog when we are napping!!! Mom laughed at the date stamp....she went way BACK in time when she set hers!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Anonymous said...

Hey, Future Boy, don't worry about the holiday recess, and no worries about the camera date. I didn't even notice until you said something!

I have been blogging all along, just because. SO when you come back, you'll have to backtrack to read all my brilliant posts. ;) lol

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!

Paul Eilers said...

They say dogs eventually begin to look like their owners...

Matt said...

Tell me about it! I've updated my blog exactly three times all month. Card dropping is about all I can do right now.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a terrific holiday. Merry Christmas!