Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trouble at Casa de Hawg!

Yes, there's trouble at my house -- my blasted modem broke.

Last year, I signed up with AT&T and got a Motorola modem that has always caused problems. Yesterday morning, the thing failed for the last time and will be replaced soon.

The friendly technical service guy at AT&T told me it would take four to five business days for the new modem to arrive, meaning I'll be without Internet service at my house until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yes, that means I won't be very active on Entrecard and won't post much until things get fixed. That's rotten, of course, but at least I'll be rid of that Motorola modem that never worked that well even when it was new.

If I seem like I've vanished for a bit, that's why. I'll be posting the same mind-numbing nonsense before long, however.

Meanwhile...

Look! I finally started a blog list on my sidebar! I've only been meaning to do that since July or so. I'll be adding links here and there as I think about it. If you want your blog listed, let me know by leaving a comment here or hitting the handy "E-mail" graphic on the sidebar and maybe we can exchange links.

If you think you should be in that list and aren't, don't worry as I'll probably get around to it (well, when my Internet connection is back up at home, at least).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be in your blog roll. If you can't put me as #1, well... #2 will do. ;) heehee

Freaky Frugalite.com. You know me. :D

P.S. You're already in my blogroll!

Stunatra said...

You're in my blog roll, Mr. Hawg.

HawgWyld said...

Rebecca -- You're added! It's sorts by most recent post. So, if you want to be number one and stay there, post often ;)

Stunatra -- And now you're in mine.

Unknown said...

I've love to be listed on your blogroll. You've been on mine for quite a while.

Isn't it a pain when there's trouble with the modem, the computer, the Internet, etc.? How did we ever survive without these things? Oh, well, maybe you're too young to remember BC (Before Computers.)

HawgWyld said...

Sherry -- You're listed!

I got my modem back so I'm online, to boot. Three great things happened in one day, in fact. So great I'll have to blog about them.

Paul Eilers said...

Hawg,

Hope you are up and running again soon.


Paul

Eat Well. Live Well.
ER BurnTheFat.com
PurpleGreenPops.com

JD at I Do Things said...

Sorry to hear you're having problems. And thanks so much for adding me to your Blog List! (sighs with contentment.)

HawgWyld said...

Paul -- I am, and earlier than expected!

JD -- Ah, they worked out and I was glad to add you to my sidebar.

Danny Thornton said...

Ethan, I personally hate the modems that AT&T use. I had one in Atlanta and it sucked. But, it was at least better than the service that comcast had provided previously.

I have also added you into the "Friends of PREP" list on http://positiverealestateprofessionals.com

HawgWyld said...

Danny -- Well, I'm hoping for better luck with my new modem. I'll just have to wait and see.

And I've added you to my links as well!

Karen said...

You are on my blog roll over at The Pond. Just sayin'.

HawgWyld said...

Karen:

And you are now on my blog list here. Hey, I'm going to build my list over time and I'm (almost) always glad to add links (I won't add any junk, of course).

Thanks for the head's up!