I'm a happy The Hawg tonight.
Why? Maria over at Life's sweets and spices presented me with an award. That's right, Maria "hearts" my blog.
I won, I won, I won! Yay!
I am glad that she hearts my blog enough to honor me with an award. Thank you, Maria -- you made my day. I shall display this award with pride in my sidebar.
Of course, there are rules whenever one receives such an award, so I shall do my best to follow them. Here are the rules connected to the esteemed I Heart Your Blog award:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog;
2. Link the person you received your award from;
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs;
4. Put links of those blogs on yours; and
5. Leave a message on the blogs that you’ve nominated.
So which blogs out there do I truly heart? The last time I got one of these dandy awards, I felt guilty because I wanted to pass the award on to a slew of blogs but I could only choose a few. I'm faced with a similar problem this time around. I'll go ahead and pass this award on to 10 people who are better at blogging it up than I am, but I should mention that there are several folks that I'm overlooking. Yes, the rules say to pass the award on to at least seven people -- I did that, and kept thinking of other deserving folks. So, I'm giving this to 10 blogs that I love and, even at that, I'm leaving some people off the list.
That being the case, here are 10 blogs that I truly heart:
1. The Junk Drawer -- I've learned a number of things from Kathy over there, including the fact that breasts can cause computer malfunctions.
2. Delusions of Grandeur -- great design, quality content. A very good "stop and linger" blog.
3. Margie and Edna's Basement -- if you're not stopping by this one regularly, you really should. Gently amusing content and they always refer to me as "Mr. The Hawg" (that, folks, is a hoot).
4. Coastal Commentaries -- A daily stop and it's run by Lala, one of the nicest people around. She's brilliant, too -- she named me a Kick Ass Blogger a few weeks ago. So, Lala, it's my time to give out an award and I'm glad to do it because she's one of the best bloggers you'll find.
5. PaulsHealthBlog.com -- Don't let the title fool you -- this one is about a heck of a lot more than healthy living. Sure, that's in there, but you've got commentary on all manner of things over there. Visit it that blog and you may heart it, too.
6. Lyndonology -- Yes, I just heart those mixed bag, slice-of-life blogs. This is one of the better ones out there.
7. Freaky Frugalite -- Well written and a great design. What's not to heart?
8. News from NOLA -- Great news from what's happening in New Orleans. Always entertaining and Sara is as friendly as can be.
9. Hillbilly Willy -- This is one, conservative cat. He's funny as hell, too. Willy's blog gives me a chuckle more often that not.
10. Brazoscowgirl -- Here's one that I've hearted for a long time. Great design and some pretty keen political insight, to boot.
That's about it. Again, thank you Maria! I do appreciate it.
The Hawg takes to the airwaves!
Some of you may know that I make my living as the director of media relations for the Arkansas Realtors Association. Yes, I deal with the press, keep up with housing market stats, handle our monthly magazine and all kinds of writery things.
This Saturday, I start a stint as a regular guest on a weekly radio show. I'll appear monthly on the aptly-named The Real Estate Show, which is hosted by Jim Harris every Saturday from 8 to 9 a.m. on 103.7 FM ("The Buzz!") in Little Rock.
Harris mentions my appearance right here if you'd like more details. If you happen to be in central Arkansas and you're up at 8 a.m. on a Saturday, why not tune it? At that time of the morning, we're sure to get tens of listeners.