So, there I was. Eating a bowl of Corn Flakes and messing around with this blogging stuff on that whiz-bang invention all the kids are just wild about, the Internet.
And that's when it happened. I got a message from Lala over at Coastal Commentaries informing me that I, The Hawg, had been presented with the Kick Ass Blogger award!
How thrilled was I? Very thrilled, indeed! Lala is one of my favorite bloggers and the fact that she thinks well of my little scribbles warms my heart. If you haven't checked out her blog, you really should. If you visit once, I'm sure you'll become a regular.
Lala, by the way, has plenty of ties to this wonderful little state of Arkansas. While most Arkansans are great people, she's actually a bit greater than most.
Speaking of great, let's get back to my award. My great award. My great "Kick Ass Blogger" award. Heh, heh! I was so happy to receive it I felt just like Bender Rodriguez, the robot from Futurama who constantly crows about how great he is.
You know how Bender is -- "Bender is great! Oh, Bender is great! Bender, Bender, Bender!" If you want to hear a quick sample of Bender's greatness at work, click right here.
Heh. And if my wife thought I was hard enough to live with already...
At any rate, I'm thrilled to accept this award and join the ranks of the Kick Ass Bloggers out there. I've put the award in my sidebar for at least two reasons. First of all, I want to show it off and brag about it a little bit. Second, if you click on that award, you can go straight to the page on MammaDawg's blog that explains the origins of the award and lists all that have received it.
Yes, this recovering attorney and current public relations cat is grateful that his greatness has been recognized. I didn't get to exercise much creativity as a lawyer and I sure as hell don't get to in the public relations world, so my blog serves as the only place I can cut lose and try to do something interesting. I appreciate, then, both the award and the attention.
Of course, it's my task to pass on this award to five dandy bloggers. So, I'll do that right now.
1. JD over at I do Things so You Don't Have To. I almost hate to read this blog because JD is a heck of a lot funnier than I am and she's got one of the most brilliant concepts on the planet. Yes, the title says it all -- she does things so you don't have to and writes about them. Want to get details on what goes on during a colonoscopy, read about nude beaches or find detailed reviews on movie trailers? This hilarious little blog is the place to be.
2. The Crotchety Old Man over at Crotchety Old Man Yells at Cars. Yes, he bills himself as "The Crotchety Old Man, standing on the corner; yelling at cars." Who could resist that? I sure can't and I visit often. Yes, the Crotchety Old Man likes to rant and he does it well. He's another blogger that's funner than me, but I like him in spite of all that.
3. Willy over at Hillbilly Willy. Here's an Arkansas boy who comments on politics, hawks his recipe books and has a dandy time. Think conservatives don't have a sense of humor? You haven't met Willy yet. 10-4, Willy!
4. Theresa over at A Bumpy Path. Very astute observations and commentary from another Arkansan. Did you know she was a singer in a band once and is highly educated and articulate? Although Theresa is technically a carpetbagger in these parts, she's proud to call Arkansas home and she does her adopted state proud. Very entertaining blog and one of those on The Hawg's "must see" list. Put it on your "essential" list, too!
5. Jerry over at As The Crackerhead Crumbles. A religious blog with a lot of goodies thrown in, to boot. This cat has been at it for some time now and is always insightful and entertaining. He'll make you think, for sure, and he routinely posts lists of other great sites in the blogosphere, too. Check it out!
Well, that's about it. Thanks, again, to Lala for bestowing this dandy award upon me. And I hope all the bloggers I've chose to receive this dandy award appreciate it as much as I do. Oh, and there's an added bonus for all of your new members of the Kick Ass Blogger Club --you are offered lifetime membership at The MOM and DAD Bloggerhood. You must be a blogging Dad or Mum to Qualify.
So, kids, check out those awesomely awesome blogs I've sent this award to and enjoy their, err, awesomeness.