Today was a terrible one.
First of all, I had to work on the ironically-named Labor Day. I was reminded of how bad that was when I was driving to work and my usual 30-minute commute took less than 20 minutes. I could have weaved all over the three-lanes on the interstate and driven about 100 miles-an-hour and would have gotten away with it.
Few people were heading to work today, see? Ah, but there I was. Heading to the office on a holiday. Yuck.
Second, I'm sick as a dog and have been for over a month now (things will improve when I take a vacation in a couple of weeks). That's never any fun -- particularly when you've got a project that absolutely must be finished and there's no choice but to head to the office.
So I got to the office and found that the wonderful Kathy at Brazoscowgirl had sent me the Great Buddy Award. That cheered me up quite a bit. Yes, my wife and kids got to enjoy a day off, but at least I got an award. So there!
So, thanks you, Kathy! I do appreciate it and I'm honored to be called "a buddy" by a blogger that I respect and admire. Her blog, in Arkansas parlance, is a good 'un and is well worth putting on your list of regular stops.
There are rules to these awards, of course, and here are the ones connected to this one:
* Save the image above to be forwarded;
* Choose several people who are buddies;
* Give the reason why you chose those persons.
Now, I've been handing out a lot of awards lately and I try not to be a "serial award granter." Still, there are two ladies out there who have just been plain helpful to me in my short time in the blogosphere (around 1.5 months), so I'll send an award their way in spite of repetition.
It's always hard to pick who to give these awards to, of course, as I know I'll always leave out someone. Regardless, here goes:
1. Theresa at A Bumpy Path and Eyebald. She has always been encouraging and not shy about sharing a tip or two. She is, honestly, one of the more straightforward and friendly people you'll meet.
2. Lala at Coastal Commentaries. She might get irate because I sent her an award just the other day. I can't help myself in this case, however. She's another one that's helped and encouraged me quite a bit and I do mean this particular award as a compliment. Hopefully, she'll take it in the spirit it was given and not think, "God, I just got one of these things from you, The Hawg! What are you doing?"
So, thanks again, Kathy! You'd better believe this one will be put displayed proudly and with great vanity on my sidebar.