Sunday, September 14, 2008

My sidebar runneth over...


Thanks to the remnants of Ike, I can't sleep so I might as well give a heart-felt "thank you" to three great bloggers who sent me some awards over the past week and pass those awards along to some people I truly respect.

At this very moment, what's left of hurricane Ike is blowing through Arkansas and is simply being a nuisance. I've got limbs dropping on my roof at an alarming rate and the wind noise is alarming.

So, instead of sleeping, I'm worrying over this blasted storm while listening to some 0ld time radio (OTR). As I've mentioned before, Jon over at OTRCat.com sent me two discs full of Duffy's Tavern and My Favorite Husband MP3 files as his way of thanking me for mentioning his excellent site on this here blog.

I can't shut up about these things because the quality is outstanding and I love old time radio. Also, I think it's funny as hell that I'm using all of this technology to enjoy radio programs that are over 60-years-old. I've got a slew of OTR programs on a portable hard drive, and I'm streaming them into my surround sound system through my Nintendo Wii via the Winamp Remote client that's running on my PC.

That's a lot of trouble to listen to some old radio programs, but I love the convenience of it all.

At any rate, I was honored with a slew of awards when I was busy earlier this week with the Arkansas Realtors Association Convention in Little Rock. I truly appreciate it when people take the time to recognize and honor my sloppy little blog, particularly when the people sending me awards are bloggers that are simply outstanding. It's been a rough week, but the very fact that some excellent bloggers think well enough of me to ship awards this way helped take the edge off of it all.

So, here are the awards and the cats that shipped them.

Lot 2 Learn over at Did I Miss Something? sent me the Brillante Weblog Premio 2008 Award. Lot 2 Learn blogs about anything and everything and is well worth regular visits.

Lot 2 Learn digs John Wayne and that's a definite plus. Wayne was the man and fans of his automatically have at least something in common with me. Every time I visit Did I Miss Something? and see The Duke on the banner, I tend to want to watch some of those old Wayne westerns and wear a hat.

Lot 2 Learn is one of those conservative bloggers, but he sure doesn't feel exclusionary in his approach. Pay him a visit.

Of course, thank you, Lot 2 Learn! It's great to be recognized by a peer I respect.

Lyndon at Lyndonology sent me the BFF Gold Card Award and the I 'Heart' Your Blog Award. Actually, I "hearted" Lydon's blog first and he "hearted" mine right back.

Lyndon is one of those people I'm more than a bit jealous of because he actually blogs for a living while I've got to head to work every day and make my money in an office. I don't have a bad job at all, but having to go spend 40 hours a week doing something for someone else to make a buck pretty well stinks.

Lyndon's blog is so much fun that he deserves to make a living off of Lyndonology. Still, I can't help but think he's dog lucky -- not in a resentful way, of course.

Thanks for the awards, Lyndon. I'll not send the I 'Heart' Your Blog Award back your way as that would start a loop that could go on for months.

Steve at the Axis of Stevil sent me the Brainy Blog! Award and the Kick Ass Blogger Award. I have now been presented the Kick Ass Blogger Award twice now.

In other words, I suppose this all means that I kick twice as much ass these days. I interpret things that way, at least, and will fight anyone who tells me different.

For those who haven't visited The Axis of Stevil, you're missing out on something that's pretty great. He's a political conservative who has a nifty podcast of a radio show that's entertaining and cutting and he writes with a passion and insight that's impressive.

He's as much of a Sarah Palin fan as I am, so that automatically makes him OK in my book. His very well-articulated views on various issues makes his site one I visit regularly. Anyone who thinks the right is stodgy and no fun at all hasn't spent much time over at The Axis.

So, thanks for the honor, Steve!


Passing along some awards

There are rules that come with each award about how we're supposed to pass them on to other bloggers and etc. I don't much feel like following these rules. So there. Take that!

So, I'm going to name 12 bloggers that I like and ask them to pick up to two awards of the five I have received and claim them. I'll also ask them to pass the ones they chose to other bloggers. That's all there is to it.

So, here are the 12 blogs that I want to acknowledge (in no particular order):

1. Paul's Health Blog
2. Junk-Foodaholic
3. Stud Kickass (an obvious candidate for the Kick Ass Blogger Award, by the way)
4. News from NOLA
5. A Bumpy Path
6. Political Rants from the Right
7. Matt-Speak
8. I Do Things So You Don't Have To
9. Crotchety Old Man Yells at Cars
10. Freaky Frugalite
11. Hillbilly Willy
12. Brazoscowgirl

So, there they are! I could have added more, but 12 seems to be about enough. Do yourself a favor and check out those blogs. I hope the rule makers don't get to irate about my skirting around the technical requirements of passing the awards out. However, this method seems like more fun.

11 comments:

JD at I Do Things said...

Wow, you are just SWIMMING in awards, aren't you?!

Congratulations, and thanks so much for sharing.

I claim: The Brainy Award and the I Love My Blog Award. And I am behind on acknowledging my awards and sharing them, but I do plan to create a separate page for this purpose.

For now: Thank you so much AND congratulations. You deserve all these awards!

JD at I Do Things

HawgWyld said...

Thanks, JD! Enjoy your awards. I love these things. The problem I have is a good one -- a slew of them have come in and I feel obligated to pass them on.

Anonymous said...

Lol...you're just raking in the awards there...good for you!

heh, enjoy Ike, though I imagine by now it's not more than a typical Arkansas thunderstorm.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Wowee, lots of awards. Expect to spend a good portion of your days dusting off your trophy shelf!

Thanks for the great honor! I especially like the Brain Award. I'll put that front and center on my shelf, for my husband to see. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't think of a blogger more worthy than receiving all these awards! Go, Hawg!

I like the Brain award too. It'll help me to remember that I do, in fact, have one. ;-) Thanks!

Da Old Man said...

Ok, here's the business idea so you don't have to go to work for THE MAN. Build and sell cyber shelving for the awards.
By the way, I'd like to take the brainy award.
I know I don't qualify but that's all the more reason I want it. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome job dude! I also want to say thanks as well. I have 2 of the 5 already - so - I'll pick two of the remaining and link them back!

I appreciate the recognition.

HawgWyld said...

Lala -- Well, Ike blew through here pretty quickly. Left a mess, though. A lot of people were without power in Little Rock and there are reports of strong winds blowing things down all over the place.

The sun came out today, however, and we survived untouched. Good enough.

Rebecca -- I love these things. Enjoy that Brain award -- I'm kind of partial to that one myself.

Theresa -- the Brain one is kind of popular, it seems. Enjoy!

da old man -- I don't know if I'd be any better at digital shelves than I was at wood ones in shop class back in junior high. Those little shelves I made back then were just sad.

Another vote for Brain, huh? Popular little item...

Pauly -- Enjoy! Heh. You can kind of fill out a set, yeah?

Sara said...

Thanks so much for the awards, Hawg! I'll be picking mine up shortly.

Lyndon said...

It would have been funny if we started some sort of infinity "I heart your blog" time loop :)

HawgWyld said...

Sara -- I see that you have picked up your award. Cool.

lyndon -- Yeah, that would be pretty funny, huh? I just got another one of those "I 'heart' your blog" awards sent my way, so guest what?